View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #270 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Well if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck. I had a feeling my car was just not the right test car. I think to much has been done and I'm just not sure. I really can't wrap my head around what happened. I'll try to do my best to explain. If you want to chime in I'm all ears!!

Ok I'm just going to compare my last dyno to this dyno with changes, the floors yours after. PS, I will find a local 370, take his car there, dyno, add parts, dyno. It's really the only way!

So what changed?? (I'm going to list it all!)
Temp last time 72*. Temp this time 78*.
Humidity last time 39%. This time 30%.
Both 29 in-Hg.
Both SAE.
Both corrected to 1.01 factor.
Both smoothing 3.
AFR last time around 12.7 average. This time around 13.3 so car is tuned???
Last time no tune. This time tuned.
99% sure last time 4th gear. Just called dyno guy, he said 100% 4th gear.
Tires last time 29lbs. Tires this time 30lbs.
Last time OEM lower. This time ported OEM lower.
Last time OEM upper. This time ported OEM upper.
Last time OEM TB's. This time ported OEM TB's.
Last time Stillen gen 3 copy, design and pipe size CAI. This time new CAI with more of a straightened piping with filters in the fenders and bigger MAF housing increased to 0.3" in size over old one and tuned for it of course!

And last, the guys said they haven't touched the dyno in anyway since last year.

Ok on to pics and summary. The new dyno looks like it gained absolutely nothing! And remember, I'm tuned now!! ((((I gained roughly 15hp/15tq at the other shop where I was tuned. The difference in the before and after on the day I was tuned of course was the tune and also the new CAI listed above, that's it. So at the old tuner the "base run" was everything that the first IPS dyno was but plus the 4 ported parts.) The lines criss cross today a few times throughout with a hiccup this time at 5500 rpm and it gained some power at 7100 rpm to redline (big deal). Besides seeing the leaner AFR this time you'd think I never got tuned, the CAI did nothing and the porting did nothing. I'm at a loss. I really thought I had it with the gearing.

Last edited by synolimit; 09-15-2014 at 04:39 PM.