View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
sbkim
Base Member

Drives: RRSC
sbkim is on a distinguished road

I am going through the same dilemma myself - but leaning more towards a 2009 g37.

I can get fully loaded Z at VPP which is $38k. And in the Chicago market, they are selling fully loaded 2008 G37 at -$10k MSRP which puts almost fully loaded G37 at $34k. I am leaning more towards the 2009 G mainly becuase of 7 speed auto but I have yet to see solid proof that 7speeds are faster than the previous 5 speed autos. I know there's been tests with the X doing 5-5.2 sec..

I drove both cars, including the 2009 G37X, and honestly I can't say one car is faster than the other. I was unpleasantly surprised that 370z auto didn't feel significantly faster than the G coupe auto. I think G def offers alot for the money with more luxury amenities, better warranty and service, inlcluding loaner cars etc.

If this is your only daily driver, I would for sure go with the G37. If this is your fun car, I would lean more towards the Z.

Personally, I am still on the fence. All I need is proof that 370z auto is faster than the G37coupe for you day to day driving (ie 0-60).
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote