View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #7823 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

there are 2 big issues on the 370Z that makes it hard to get a smooth shift early on. the clutch feel (return spring too stiff making it hard to feel when the clutch makes contact), and the throttle latency due to dbw.

my G and dd both have better clutch feel and throttle response so it made driving my Z feel kinda odd the first few miles until i got re-familiar with the Z's characteristics ever weekend.

so i swapped out the clutch spring which made a 50% improvement, and the latter 50% just got a sprintbooster to rid the latency. car feels as good as my G35C which is very good. my G never had a latency issue.. throttle input was instantaneous, clutch feels more like the old traditional clutch.

about the csc.... i think if you're easy on the clutch pedal input you're going to be fine. same issue on the G35/350Z.... mine is fine. 10yrs original owner.
some folks just ram the clutch pedal like no tomorrow and that's too much instant pressure on the little cylinder.
Ahh yea I stomped it a few times and heard the pedal hit the floor making a 'thunk' sound when i just started. Now it's just easing in and out. I find the rhythm a lot better. Defintely agree with the engagement... it's so high up and then there is very little room between partially engaged and released. Definitely caused me to stall a lot more than I'd like to admit when I just started driving. It's fun now though