View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #7820 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

there are 2 big issues on the 370Z that makes it hard to get a smooth shift early on. the clutch feel (return spring too stiff making it hard to feel when the clutch makes contact), and the throttle latency due to dbw.

my G and dd both have better clutch feel and throttle response so it made driving my Z feel kinda odd the first few miles until i got re-familiar with the Z's characteristics ever weekend.

so i swapped out the clutch spring which made a 50% improvement, and the latter 50% just got a sprintbooster to rid the latency. car feels as good as my G35C which is very good. my G never had a latency issue.. throttle input was instantaneous, clutch feels more like the old traditional clutch.

about the csc.... i think if you're easy on the clutch pedal input you're going to be fine. same issue on the G35/350Z.... mine is fine. 10yrs original owner.
some folks just ram the clutch pedal like no tomorrow and that's too much instant pressure on the little cylinder.
Please tell us more about the Sprintbooster.