View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
4TthAnnyZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th
4TthAnnyZ will become famous soon enough
Default Did car wash warp my bumper!?

Noticed a dimple/wave in my bumper on the passenger side, just below where the hood meets it. I would say it's about the size of a softball, really not noticeable to most people I'm sure, but of course I saw it. Won't bother with a picture because I doubt it would show up. But it's enough to piss a guy off.

The car hadn't left my sight except for a brief 30-minute period while I ate breakfast on Saturday morning at a local truckstop (best food for miles). It was chilly, mid 40's I believe. Drove from there to the carwash, the from the carwash back into the colder temp and over to a friends house where the car never left my sight.

I have no idea how it could have happened, looks like someone leaned a knee on it, but even then, it should just flex back out to it's normal shape. I have a 3M clear bra on the front with 0 marks, scratches, etc so I know that no one backed into it, and I know I didn't hit anything on the road either. The only thing I can think of is maybe the water was too hot in the carwash, then combined with the dryers it morphed the bumper in that spot permanently. I took the pushpins out and tried to pop it out, but I had no luck. And just to test the possibility of an impact or pressure causing it, I pushed in on the other side with a decent amount of pressure and it just came right back out.

Any ideas how this happened or how I can fix it? (again, it's really not that noticeable unless you move your head around as the sun shines on it).

Touchless carwash, for the record.

Last edited by 4TthAnnyZ; 09-15-2014 at 10:26 AM.
4TthAnnyZ is offline   Reply With Quote