View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stailey
Base Member

Drives: '11 370z 7AT
Stailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to beholdStailey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Depends on the type of dyno. He may have been on a much lower reading dyno than most. Most people quote Dynojet numbers, but most Zs put down 270-280 stock on a Dynojet. It's hard to compare numbers like that. Unless you know for sure you've got the same type of dyno, same type of fuel, same basic quality of maintenance, same tuner, same elevation and same ambient conditions as someone else you can't directly compare. At best, you can get a 10whp range.

Make sure you take the most current throttle map from the thread in the tuning section to your tuner as a lot of them don't spend a whole lot of time tweaking the throttle.

You switch between maps using the cruise control switches. You'll get a handful of maps to switch between as BeemaaZ posted.
Yeah, they were telling me that generally their Dyno runs lower numbers than most. Not sure how much though. Keep in mind I also have a 7AT...

I run 93 octane, nothing else... I just bought the car two months ago so I'm not sure on its maintenence before me. I know I'll be taking his care from here on out.

Although I was expecting much higher numbers, I really felt a huge difference from my initial install of the parts and more so after the tune. The tune really made a huge difference with how I interact with the car, much more responsive. I'm happy with it.

All in all, I have a trip back to Atlanta soon and if I have time, I'll have it on a dynojet to see what it'll say. I'm positive I've installed the parts correctly, but I'll have that checked too.