View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
VCuomo
Track Member

Drives: BMW 335i Sport
VCuomo will become famous soon enoughVCuomo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If the car has never been titled, it's not "used". It could have 10,000 miles from test drives and it can be classified as "new" if it's never been titled.

While 200 miles may be a lot for a 370z compared to a Sentra/Versa on the lot, I wouldn't worry about 200. 3-500 is my cutoff for new car miles. A dealer offered me a car with 800 and I swiftly declined.
If I was looking for a new car, 150 miles on the odometer would make it used to me (and a lot of others on this board, I bet). The dealer knows that they're going to have trouble unloading that vehicle, and they should be willing to discount the price more than $365 below invoice. And if it had 500 miles on it - fuggedaboudit, it's used!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
He was saying non-sports car, not non-sports package. Someone driving a Prius 50 miles from another dealership obviously isn't going to be gunning it at red-lights up to redline and weaving in and out of traffic...hopefully. A Z? A valid concern.
OK, thought he was talking about the sport package, and the Z is definitely a valid concern (that was my point)... BTW, is it possible to "gun" a Prius at a red light (or anywhere, for that matter)?

Last edited by VCuomo; 11-26-2009 at 02:09 AM.
VCuomo is offline   Reply With Quote