View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Not that I have experience with this (car paint polishing), but I know that it's WAY better to start with teh least aggressive option first. Otherwise, you're just making more work foryourself getting out what the higher-grade stuff does.

As for using a DA to apply wax - sure bet. Huge time and effort saver. Just make sure things are clean, clean, clean, and check the pads often so you don't cause more problems. Follow the same method as you do with polishing, 2'x2' areas, then clean the pad and put more stuff on. You'll use less too and can apply it VERY thin and very evenly - less waste and less effort to remove it...

While I don't have a DA yet, I will. Will it be a Porter Cable? Dunno.
You are absolutely correct. Always start out with the least aggressive option first because that might be enough.