View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
motoextreme
Track Member

Drives: Nismo NO MODS!
motoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to burn anyone here but just know if you buy these hoods they are NOT bolt on. You may need to redrill holes, your stock fasteners will not work for the front seal, your wiper sprayers will not stay and your rubber stoppers in the front will not screw in.

With a good half day or so, a dremel and a steady hand you could probably get it to work but I just don't have the patience and I'm a little irritated. I used to own a bike shop, sold 100's of pcs of carbon and my stuff bolted on like OEM, this isn't that type of part. I just put mine for sale on the classifieds at a loss. Bummer as I really was looking forward to seeing it on my car.

Oh well.... Just a word of advice to those of you looking for one. On a positive note, beautiful pc of carbon and very light. Not some flimsy pc of #$*%... Best of luck.

PS, problems to expect, holes for rubber seals too large, not spaced right and some holes are just plain missing. underside is too thick so alot of the stock fasteners will not work, man...I know I could likely fix it but I worry I'd drill too deep and wont be able to find the clips, etc. Corona time...

Last edited by motoextreme; 11-26-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: After thought
motoextreme is offline   Reply With Quote