View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZ View Post
I think using a dual action rotary for wax is fine. You just need to use a specific pad with no cut for wax and sealants. I believe its a red pad you want.

Also, there are varying degrees of polish and pad cuts. Its perfectly fine to pair a mild polish with a pad with little to no cut to remove minor blemishes like swirl marks. Definitely check out properautocare.com! That site has some nice instructions and explainations.
Not that I have experience with this (car paint polishing), but I know that it's WAY better to start with teh least aggressive option first. Otherwise, you're just making more work foryourself getting out what the higher-grade stuff does.

As for using a DA to apply wax - sure bet. Huge time and effort saver. Just make sure things are clean, clean, clean, and check the pads often so you don't cause more problems. Follow the same method as you do with polishing, 2'x2' areas, then clean the pad and put more stuff on. You'll use less too and can apply it VERY thin and very evenly - less waste and less effort to remove it...

While I don't have a DA yet, I will. Will it be a Porter Cable? Dunno.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote