View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosg37 View Post
Is the exhaust too loud? I am thinking LTH and then the 18" resonated. So you dont think I need to worry about the heat and also did you get a tune?
For me, no the exhaust isn't too loud. This is such a subjective issue it's hard to judge what is just right for someone else. I do experience drone from ~2000-2500 RPM, fwiw.

I wouldn't worry about the heat. I ran with the headers and cbe for a year before I got my tune. A month of that was with stillen G3's and a M370 intake. No codes were thrown during that time.

The only word of caution I have about the headers is that the primary O2 sensors are relocated underneath the car where they are more exposed to damage potential. A few months back I ran over a cone at AutoX and as it went under the car it hit the primary O2 sensors can caused both to fail. Please keep in mind though that I haven't seen anyone else have this issue.

What part of Ohio are you in? I'm in the Toledo area if you want to hear it in person. Also check out the Ohio G/Z club on facebook. There's a lot of knowledge there also.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote