Thread: I miss my gear
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z_Roadster View Post
What saddens me is that some of the Iconic names have been bought/sold and quality/performance has gone down hill in the name of greater profits for the investors. I bought some MB Quart components a few years ago and the tweeters would attenuate when reaching close to 50w RMS. Switched to Infinity Reference on the last couple of builds and they are now my fave "bang for the buck".

Integration of electronics and pure economics brought us to where we are now. Car mfrs made it difficult for respectable electronic mfrs to make money on aftermarket car audio. It was simply part of an evolution.

My speaker roster consisted of MBQuart, JL Audio, Rockford Fostgate, MMATs, Infinity. I had a company car when I worked at Toys R Us and I put in 6x9's on the kick panels and a JL 12" on Clarion gear. Fun little thing of a basic set up. I spent a lot of money on this sh_t. Now I have a Bose.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote