View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #36 (permalink)
Phil Wallace
Base Member

Drives: 1991 300ZX TT
Phil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond reputePhil Wallace has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the job. Work is work, it all evens out in the end.
Example:
A warranty timing chain job pays 7.2 hours of time, even the best techs will still take over 11-15hrs to do the job correctly.
A subframe recall on a Altima pays 2.6 hours. If you get lucky and its not seized you may be able to do it in a hour and a half, other times it may take you over 8 if you have to air hammer and grind the old one off.

No dealer should ever turn down warranty work of any kind, if he does he's losing work of any kind and the opportunity to earn you as a customer for the long haul.

I stress the fact that all dealers are not the same and invite anyone to visit my store to see what I am talking about.

As I read these posts I'm reminded that if someone receives good or even excellent service they rarely receive a mention, if any, on the flip side if they do even the slightest thing wrong....

Remember guys and girls, there are still good and honest dealers out there sometimes you just have to seek them out.
Phil Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote