Thread: fuel starvation
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

6-10 hours is the official estimate.

If you could just turn the gas tank inside-out... this would literally be like a 2 hour job at most. All of the difficulty stems from having limited space to reach inside the tank to work, and very limited line-of-sight.

When people have made small goof-ups during install, it generally takes them HOURS of work to figure out where they went wrong (then again, I believe a large percentage of this time is in the hesitation to go back inside the tank and actually look, versus theoretical diagnostics). This poor line-of-sight seems to prevent them from being able to take it all in at once and see how its supposed to work. I get the impression that everyone feels like they are working blind (literally and figuratively). If all goes well, than it doesn't matter and they are on their merry way. If something isn't correct, it becomes difficult to diagnose if you don't have the big picture of its functionality.

There are ABOUT 40 RRPs out there installed now. I would say 3-4 guys had a couple issues, and 1-2 of them had it painfully set them back with frustration for a couple days worth of spare time.

Now I must add here... your application of higher HP is going to require some added hassle unfortunately. The RRP kit is based on a single Walbro 255 pump in its standard configuration. The RRP was designed with higher output in mind and has upgrade-ability built into it... but nobody has yet put it through its paces on a car as powerful as yours. I would have put together a customized kit for you and communicate directly with your installer about how to set it up and what to watch for to make sure everything is OK.

Last edited by phunk; 09-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote