Thread: My new stereo.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Head unit, you can go with a Kenwood 6140 but it does not have a sub pre out. But sense you only have front speakers you can sue the rear speaker out for sub out. So the 6140 still gets my vote. If you want to be a little different I would look at alpine as that is what I would be personally put in.

Amps the alpine 5 channel amp is still getting my vote. I know people are going to come and probably recommend JL but they are not cheap and for the same price you can get a lot more bang for your buck with alpine. The alpine will be small enough to be put almost anywhere you want to put it and will power both your front speakers and your sub.

Component speakers you can go two different ways you can go mid range or higher end. You are still going to get good sound only the higher end will produce better mass and smoother sound also will go higher with their freq. Mid range I would look at polk mm series and for high end the polk SR series the image dynamics XS series or Rainbow CSX. My personal vote is for the ID's. All will fit with the z enclosure spacers.

Wire kicker hyperflex 4 gauge just look on amazon or ebay. Stinger rca wires

Sub I only recommend one as it is just a great sub the image dynamics Q sub weather you get it in 10 or 12 inch it is an amazing sub. But if you want other options look at the kicker cvs's the rockford fosgate punch stage 2 and the polk mm sub. If you need anymore help or guidance please just ask. Also the head unit or most of today's units support sirius add on devices. Hope this helps.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote