View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #343 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
Not to discredit the C7 and the C7 Z06, but they are a mass produced car...and you can get a C7 Z06 in coupe/convertible and manual/automatic.

A Viper is a handmade car that averages about 1200 unites per year. How many Vettes do you see a day? How many Vipers do you see...in a month? I see about 10 Vettes a day and maybe a Viper or two every couple months.

Exclusivity comes at a price. I don't believe the Viper was priced wrong...just that new car buyers are not willing to pay that much for a Viper. The Gen 5 owners LOVE the new Viper. It is hands down the best Viper ever made and I hope I can get into one in a couple of years. With Dodge announcing the $15k price cuts and a $15k voucher to new Gen 5 buyers, I hope the Viper will continue on.
I see c7 everyday and c6 also, but very rarely do I see a ZR1 or Z06, probably the same as I see a viper which is the actual comparative to a viper. The base c6/c7 is all to just sell to the masses to support the performance models. Also, the convertible/auto addition was known years ago, a head of the Corvette team who said, if the market starts to close (great recession), to continue producing the performance models they will have to add auto to the z06/zr1.
Now the Viper being hand built is nice and all but the z06 engine is hand built also, doubt anything else is. I like the new viper but I am on the side of, why spend an extra X amount when I could get something with equal or better performance with all the fun toys, tricks, etc.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote