View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
First, I am letting the dealer do it because it is under warranty and free for me. Second, check how many 370Z manuals are out there running on the streets and see if everyone now has the Zspeed.

Yes, it is possible that it may happen again. I had the 2010 370Z and it never happened at all in the 4 years before trading it in. Since I do not track or race, I am not going to go after market yet. Once they replace the CSC, I will ask them if it has its own warranty.

Fact is that I have had some 10 new cars and maybe a half dozen used cars in my 44 years of driving cars and I have never had anything major that is after market in any of them except for one stereo in one used car. Mostly, its been filters and oil.
I understand. Might as well make them do their job since its under warranty. Nissan just really pisses me off. The whole "We are going to use GTR fluid in your clutch system" is just a cover up. I guess they want people to think that since the fluid is used on the GT-R its supposed to be magical or something. The csc failure rate is obviously a huge problem.... IMO bigger than the whole steering lock issue. I feel if you have a stock csc, it's inevitable that IT WILL fail.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote