View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCA92 View Post
I forgot to add that I have been sucking out the dirty fluid from the reservoir and topping it off with fresh fluid. I haven't actually flushed it out yet though, and last time I cleaned it out the fluid was pretty much black.

As for using the wrong weight fluid, I dont think that's the problem. Although I wish it was as simple as that!
What DOT fluid have you been using? DOT 4 changes to that brownish burnt color extremely fast.

And I agree about the wrong weight fluid not causing the problem. But it wouldn't hurt to change out it and see what happens. Remember, the manual tranny uses 75w-85, and make sure its a GL-4 gear oil. Flush the hydraulic system with some fresh brake fluid and go from there.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote