View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Juztin
Base Member

Drives: '07 350z
Juztin is on a distinguished road

Hi and hi!

Good, the motor for the first time in literally 2 years looked to be back together in one piece long block wise:

The build has been about as much drama as I'll ever tolerate building a car in my lifetime.

Latest updates for the month of august was having issues with the valves and pistons making contact when my builder was trying to rotate the motor after assembly. Turns out it was a combination of the timing chains not seated properly/slipping from the OEM assembly steps and also the upper chain tensioners were missing springs. My builder in CO inherited a disaster from a previous shop in NM and is having to correct all their f-ups. Also finding lots of lost parts during motor assembly which also end up having to be ordered from Nissan Japan so have been hit with a lot of delays waiting on just parts to arrive.

Got that all mostly figured out and the motor now rotates freely without contact. Although just waiting on putting in the springs in the chain tensioners as those just came in this last Friday. My builder has a day job so doing work pretty much on weekends so probably wont see too much progress soon, but at this point this is the most success the motor has had since literally being in pieces the last 2 years in shop limbo between the disaster shop in NM, and a shop that went out of business in CO, to my presenter builder (3rd times a charm thing). It's still weird seeing that pic of the motor together although shortly after the timing chain covers had to come off as the springs need to be installed in the tensioners.

Other Updates:

*(CZP recently cancelled order for GTM external waste-gate conversion kit as we waited 5 months for GTM to produce it with no results -_- might have my builder fab up his own conversion kit)

I'm so done having Nissan's modified after this project disaster is done and back on the road. Will just buy a dang Z06 and call it done eventually hahah.

Last edited by Juztin; 09-09-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Juztin is offline   Reply With Quote