View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszyd View Post
RTFM!

The clutch fluid is DOT4 brake fluid. The reservoir can be found on the driver's side of the engine bay. The transmission also has oil that needs to be changed. I would say do both at 30K (I believe that is the recommended interval for the trans). You should also do the rear diff oil as well. There are posts in the DIY section that can recommend the proper oil and guide you through the process.
Actually, the clutch fluid would be DOT 3 if its never been changed since first bought. DOT 3 is just fine, no need to spend extra money for DOT4.

OP, just drive your car! You sound like your are super paranoid. Do you dream about this stuff too? Lol, seriously though, you are a new manual driver, just keep practicing and you'll be fine. The key points to remember is keep your foot off the clutch pedal until you are ready to use it. I always tell people to shift into N and keep your foot off the clutch while you are stopped, and until you find that sweet spot of when the clutch is disengaged/engaged, put the pedal all the way to the ground when you make your shift. You are going to be fine, just relax!
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote