View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #1121 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute

No that wasn't me in the video but I did meet that guy in person.. Thanks for the advise on the tires, I will keep researching because I want a well rounded tire not just for the turns..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z&I View Post
Hey Cosmo ...
Been following this thread with much interest...
Viewed the video a couple of times.
Is that you doing the narration ?
The car got power squirrelly on those upshifts! Awesome !

I have the PS2's ... nice looking tire and a bit pricey.
They are fairly quiet though on good roads, but they do squeal/chirp when you spin 'em.

The down side to them is they have a staggered tread pattern where the meatier portion of the tread is on the outside of the tire.

Great for going around curves but not to good on straight line acceleration.
With all that power, you have to be careful to keep the a** end from going around on you if you step on it in a curve.

They do break loose more when the temps go down too.

With negative camber (they do wear more on the inside) and the fact that our cars squat on launch, you lose a good deal of contact patch...I was also getting a goodly amount of wheel hop at the track.

Changed over to the M/T DRII's for the track.

Hope this helps ... someone else may have a different experience with them.