View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last check-in before I pull the trigger...

So last weekend, my first track day, I had fuel starvation issues. I'd never experienced that. It happened with only 1 or 2 fuel level indicator lights which was way before I thought it would come in to play.

Bottom line was that it took me a bit to realize what was going on. I am lucky that I didn't blow the thing up in hindsight. The situation made me realize just how important an air/fuel gauge can be. Next time I'll know but what if something else happens and I don't associate it with going lean? Bottom line is that it is time to drop the cash for a wideband a/f.

I've been looking for a while and the only one I can find that is part of a set and is NOT a cheap and ugly looking monstrosity is an Autometer custom. I can get a set of four gauges that match.

I want to make sure that a new option has not come on to the market. I could not stand a gauge that was not matched...yup OCD guy here.

I've added a picture of what I DON'T want. No lights instead of arrow and no digital. Anyone have another option than Autometer custom? I am really not a fan of them but stupid Defi (yeah I said it!) doesn't make A/F gauges.

Oh and yeah...black face and red lights. Gotta be picky right?

2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote