View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #450 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
The clutch line has a thermal fiberglass wrap on it, so unless that was removed and the line was actually touching the cat, how is it going to boil under normal street driving? And about your fluid being black, that's because the seal on your Csc was going bad and allowing dirt and debri into the system. If you feel the Dot 5 is a fix, then have at it... But I guarantee you that your stock Csc will fail again.
The fiberglass insulation is a joke. It only insulates the rubber hose that jumps to the CSC. The metal tube that runs up to the MCS is completely un-shielded. Im sure that the stock CSC will go out again, but seals failing after 6 months? I dunno about that. I had no leaks and I am not rough on it. It has to be heat related. How else can you explain regaining a normal feeling clutch after turning the car off for 10 seconds? Then it deteriorating to the point of 'un-shiftable' after another 60 seconds of driving?

Quote:
Everyone just needs the Z speed HD CSC..if you keep replacing your failed OEM CSC with another OEM CSC..then shame on you!
I will ask about this when my CSC goes out again. I'm have a 5 year extended warranty that covers this type of failure. I thinking that they will not want to put anything other than stock in or it would void that warranty, blah blah blah... Nevermind that its higher quality and will prevent them having to fix it again in the future.... Warranty Logic.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote