View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Ok, I've had the Z since March. It's my weekend / project car (see current mods). As a matter of fact, I loaned the car to my cuz for a few weeks shortly after I installed the FI exhaust. So, when I got the Z back, I did the Drop-in filter mod... easy-peasy. I didn't feel any noticeable difference in the butt dyno. So, during the Labor Day weekend, I did the DRL mod. I disconnected the battery to do this mod. I completed the DRL mod with no problems and re-connected the battery. [side story] I also found the source of an occasional vibration while I doing the DRL mod. I found a 3/8" x 6" extension in between the battery and fire wall. I obviously missed it when I installed the PPE LTH [end side story]. Anyway, the ecu must have learned /adjusted to the mods because the Z is pulling like a mother******!!! There used to be a noticeable 'dead spot' in HP in first gear...pre-mod. Now, it's all but gone. I'm seriously concerning the post-maf tubes as my next mod.
So your point is that we should disconnect the battery in order to reset the ECU?

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote