View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #315 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
and the thing you forget is that while yes, the camaro gets those upgrades, it also makes it almost as expensive as the corvette...if nissan were to do the same thing to the Z i doubt many people would buy a Z that is just as expensive as the GT-R. that has always been the main goal of the Z is to keep it within a price range that is affordable for the common working class person and upgrading it like you suggest will put it out of reach of those people. personally i think it's rediculous that there is a camaro that is just as expensive as the corvette when the corvette is supposed to be their top of the line.
No, it won't. In fact I can't see it being anywhere near the base GTR. If they bumped the HP and added suspension packages on the current platform, it still won't take it to $100,000. A loaded 2015 Nismo is just shy of $50k, it won't cost an additional $50k to added some performance upgrades. The Z, in my opinion, should be in the $40-$60k range and compete with the corvette, like the Z32 did. That's my hope for the Z35. Who knows.

Note that I'm not saying the current platform is worth $60k, I'm saying the new one should go upmarket.

Last edited by b15; 09-08-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarifying cost range
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote