View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #1128 (permalink)
ricky bobby
Enthusiast Member

Drives: a black car
ricky bobby is a jewel in the roughricky bobby is a jewel in the roughricky bobby is a jewel in the roughricky bobby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
There wasn't really anything to solve.

I was as concerned as anyone reading all the doom and gloom posts (such as are in this thread). Early in my coupe's life the oil temps were reaching into the 250's with hard driving (notably on the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway). But, it never got much above that and I never went into limp mode. Even with hard autocrossing; and hard runs on the Dragon, the Hellbender, the Skyway and the Devil's Triangle (to name a few) and a several thousand mile trip down Route 66 through 100+ degree days and southwestern desert and into Las Vegas I never encountered a problem with the oil temps and with using the Ester oil (as I've done without fail) and as the miles have added the temps have even dropped from the highest I've experienced.

My discussion with my mechanic friend, who I've mentioned before, also said there was a non-issue unless tracking the car. When he talks about Nissans I listen - not only has he been building and racing Nissans for 30+ years but his shop is the shop Nissan uses to maintain the heritage collection...Nissan trusts him and so do I.

I'd love to see the factory add an oil and/or transmission cooler; at least as an option but I doubt if more than 5% of the people who buy a 370 would ever actually need the option and I suspect that anyone routinely tracking their car would still need to add a larger oil cooler even if the factory supplied one so the option likely wouldn't even benefit those who probably most need it meaning it would be a wast of Nissan's money to do the tooling and design changes necessary to even offer it (and if they put them on every 370 then everyone would actually wind up paying for something they likely don't even need).

With that said, my questions to you are why are you still "here" and still, apparently, upset about this (at least upset enough to keep posting in this thread)?

I'm not suggesting you can't or shouldnt' be here - obviously you have as much right as anyone to be here but I don't see the point unless you just want to bash the 370. Why don't you just go out and enjoy your new Porsche and let us enjoy or Z's.

P.S. For anyone not familiar withe the Dragon, Devil's Triangle, etc. I mentioned above; just google "The Tail Of The Dragon" and you'll pull up a ton of information about these roads/routes...truly some of the most beautiful and challenging pieces of asphalt anywhere in the world.
+1 Plus the update of oil temps makes me feel better i only have 4600 miles on mine i'm gonna have to drive it more and add on the miles, unfortunately its supposed to snow today but besides that
Without busting balls, what's the benefit of a sports car if it never speeds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
...turn off the Vdc and nail it!