Thread: 370z design
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Paradox
Base Member

Drives: 05 G35 IP 6MT
Paradox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond reputeParadox has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman View Post
haha chubbs.. funny, thanks for the comments guys and by no means do i not like the z.. after all i am buying on later this year. and as for the g37 comment.. idk i just feel it's a way sh|ttier version of the z, like less aggressive, performance is a lot worse too. but i still don't know maybe im just having second thoughts before dropping 40 grand? another thing i like about the z is that there isn't very man of them.. this takes away from the "ricer" image.

as for all these ppl wanting my definition for ricer.. here it is. a ricer is a car from japan that tries to hard to resemble something much better than it's predecessor.. for example.. the 370z comes from the cayman s.. the gtr comes from the 911 turbo.. like their just cars that aren't up to standard in terms of refinement and class so they make up for it by charging less and putting out 95% of the performace of their better counterpart. this was a term usually used to describe a civic or celica but since those companys do not put out cars like that anymore.. the z, rx, and s2000 have become the new "ricers".. the cars that get modified the most.. i mean obv the z is a big step up from a civic but i mean it still doesn't carry the prestige of say a 335i.. and with that you get the performance too
I'm not against you, nor am I agreeing with your definition since it is a personal opinion. But I noticed that you defined rice/tuner as a "car that is resembling something that is much better than it's predecessor" I can say this much, other vehicles that are made in other companies that are not Korean, Japanese, and or whatever Asian country they originate from use the predecessor's standard to not only better their appearance but their performance. Not only is this beneficial to themselves but as you noted that Nissan used the Porsche Cayman S as a benchmark. Not sure if you keep up with Porsche but they recently bumped up the power rating to 320hp on the 2009 Cayman S to compete with the 370Z.

I think it is a good thing that different companies use benchmarks from other companies. It makes the industry standard better and keeps them on the look out for better technology, material, and driving experience. Plus it keeps the cost low knowing that they have competition that can produce a car that can perform just as well if not better, at a more affordable price.

P. S. - As stated before, any car can be a ricer car, it doesn't have to be a car that is produced only in an Asian country. I've seen riced out Benz, BMW's, Mustangs, Focus, Lamborghinis, and other cars for that matter...

Last edited by Paradox; 02-10-2009 at 10:53 PM.