View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Philips 85122XV C1 Xtreme Vision HID Bulb from The Retrofit Source Review

pretty bored today, so i figured id write a review on these bulbs. i bought a set of these new philips HID bulbs. kind of a waste of money on my part since i hardly if ever drive at night. finally got a chance to put an hour or so of runtime on them recently and im quite impressed.

quick summary:
- true 5000K temperature vs stock at 4000K
- no flickering
- made in germany
- 3500 lumens (supposedly) vs stock at 3300 lumens
- 2 year warranty!
- MSRP = $185 here at theretrofitsource (look out for coupons! they frequently post on FB/twitter or email you with 15-20% off deals)

TLDR: theyre great bulbs. i have no flickering. they are noticeably whiter AND brighter than the stock koito bulbs. best part is that im 100% sure theyre genuine. dont buy cheap bulbs from ebay people!!!

packaging:

individual bulbs:

actual bulb. MADE IN GERMANY:

color differences. everyone's monitor will look different, but the parking light bulb i have is a 6K white bulb. the difference is astounding. the other set of bulbs i had were Garax 6K white (got rid of them because they reduced the lumen output and id rather have more light than a nice color) and they matched the parking bulb exactly. i wish i took a pic of the difference between the parking bulb and the stock koito bulb because the stock koito bulb is insanely yellow in comparison

"useless" distance pic:

Last edited by chops; 09-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote