View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
niko86
Base Member

Drives: MY05 350Z, MY10 370Z
niko86 is on a distinguished road

Now that the offset was good, it needed to be lower, so once again:

Was in need of a special tool, i can't really remember what for, just found the picture:

I went with Tein S Tech Springs on stock shocks, since i used this combination on my other cars previously and it turned out pretty good if you are after a subtle appearance and ride quality
At first they are not that low, but they will settle after some time.
This is right after installing them:

There was not much progress throughout March, since i had to re-do the wiring of a friends Silvia..

and then this happened

Since i am super paranoid about letting anybody work on my cars i will probably change the windscreen myself, but havent gotten around to doing it yet due to work commitments..

In April this pretty piece arrived:

It's the Motordyne XYZ Pipe with the extra silencer option, added a little deeper tone, very subtle, but you can hear it.
According to the butt dyno there was not much improvement regarding power..

Timejump to May, nothing much happened, except for me being stupid enough to do this:

Since i had to fix this, i gave in to my urges and started detailing the whole car, including cutting, polishing, buffing, the whole shebang.
This is the flawless paint after countless hours of work, right before applying sealant:

This is after applying a coat of quartz sealant (this takes a long time, requires perfect preparation, but after two weeks of letting it cure, it will harden and become unbelievably strong):

This is my method of checking against a flawless finish:

It's pretty easy actually, just shine a very bright light at the paint and take a picture using a good camera, this way you will see all of the imperfections along the reflections of the light.

I seem to have lost the pictures, but around this time i also installed Berk HFCs, which made the car feel a little bit more alive.

Last edited by niko86; 09-06-2014 at 04:42 PM.
niko86 is offline   Reply With Quote