View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default DIY Curb Rash Repair

I've found some sites online that have very straight forward steps for fixing curb rash on our rims. I'm pretty confident that I can bondo the bad spots, spray them with a silver paint and then spray a clear seal on. My concern is threefold. First, are the sport 19" rims painted or powder coated (perhaps a dumb question but I don't know the answer). Second, are there any pitfalls to the mask, sand, bondo, spray paint and clear spray approach? Third, I've found reference to some silver rim spray paint but I don't know if it matches the Nissan silver. Do you guys know which paint will match best? I like to do this stuff myself and this seems like an easy one.