Thread: Blind Spot ...
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #77 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: N/A
0101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEK View Post
I have the one inch convex mirrors that I placed on the far bottom corner of both mirrors, have had them in all my rides therefore I'm used to them
That's what I was initially thinking. It looks like the solution above might be cleaner. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarclifford View Post
With or without mirrors I'm always aware of my surroundings.............GL..
Same. My main problem is the passenger side I feel like I have a massive blind spot there at the 5'oclock angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice97 View Post
Blind spot? I don't know how that little mirror on my car is gonna help others see me coming up from behind.
lulz. No one comes up from behind. But when I'm passing someone, I want to be able to see when I'm clear to get over. Also for parking lots and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
What blindspot?
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
you drive a SUV?
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
Long story short: I used to position my side mirrors in a way, that showed my car's body when looking in them. I eventually figured out this was sorta of silly: if something was that close to me, there'd be no way to avoid it. I now position my side mirrors, where they don't show the body of my car, but would if I just moved them a centimeter over.

Poof. No more blindspots.
This is a good tip. I've done the same. I've always in the past made my mirrors show just a little of my car for a reference point, but on the Z I've moved them way out which helps. I still feel like I'm not confident in lane changes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutokuZ View Post
I do the mirror adjustment method, I do not have blind spots anmore. Just need to do a quick glance in the mirror, no car, swith lanes.
How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver
This is good. I might need to just play with it more to get comfortable. My last car I could just turn my head and look, I didn't have to rely on mirrors 100%.
0101 is offline   Reply With Quote