View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
cruzthepug
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Touring
cruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I would like to take this time and congratulate Jeff Stuart on his awesome win! I mean, this is my 2nd year of autox-ing (3 local scca chapters and 2 non scca chapters, I'm already creeping' up on my 15th event this year ) and I know how hard it is to compete in CS with 2700 lbs BRZ-Frs, even lighter miata, and various other competitive cars. To go out with a heavy (3350 lbs, almost 3500+ with driver) car, huge heavy 19" rims and still beating all those lightweight cars with national level drivers in it -- I sir bowdown to you! Thank you for keeping the 370Z name way on top there and making us (Z driver) proud. I also want to recognize some of the other drivers who pulled some awesome time too. Fantastic driving also by Jason Rhoades pulling in 5th position and did I just read that Z wasn't even broken in? haha nice . It's broken in now . also, Paul Brown finishing at 6th, Mike Nakata 11th, Jason Minehart at 13th position and all the other Z drivers -- Congratulations. Thanks for going out there and representing the Z.

I got into autox last year and now it's all I do! I'm hooked. I started 2014 with EVO school and did as many local events as I could. My goal for 2015 is to setup the car (I want to add suspension and sway) and a set of tire (looks like rs3 is the winner. I'm currently on 285 sq re11) and possibly do a few national/regional events. I def. want to stay C street so my mods will be according to that. I may reach out to some of you guys via pm for help.

Yes, way to go Jeff. Great showing for the Z. We had a couple from our local club win in their class, Lee in STF and Laura in STRL. The one local CS (350Z) driver finished 37th and he's normally about a second faster than me (on a mid 40 second course), so that make's Jeff's time was crazy fast.

Like you AK370, I started this year with a EVO school and have done every event I could so far. Being my first year I'm very please with how my times compare to other experienced drivers.