View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #1117 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've read that one before. I especially love the last part, which is why I've held off installing a cooler for so long.

Let me translate for you.
You only need an oil cooler if you go to the track. If you go to the track and we find out about it we can, at our discretion, void your factory warranty. We will take the fact that you have installed an oil cooler as evidence that you are driving on the track.

Sure, Porsche engines might blow up more frequently than the Nissan engines, but at least they replace them no questions asked during the warranty period.

Any time I've taken my car in to the dealer for any reason they have gone over the car inspecting for any evidence that the car has been on track. I am now very paranoid of that fact and will not be visiting a dealer again for that reason. If anything does break it will be a major pain having to remove all performance parts before bringing it in.