Thread: Sub Enclosures
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbreese View Post
I'm sure I can do this with a lil knowledge from everyone and utube ! I just know that I don't want the run of the mill bull you see out in the world ! And as music is very important to me (runs my life) it has to be wright
Don't forget to deduct the volume of airspace your subwoofer will consume to your box volume calculations.
For anyone interested, there are 120 cups of liquid in a cubic foot of space.
to figure the volume your subwoofer will take up, fill a 5 gallon bucket to the very top. Take your subwoofer, and loosely place it in a small trash bag, leaving a little slack around the basket. Lower the sub into the bucket up to the mounting ring, and it will displace some of the water from the bucket.
Now you need to refill the bucket, and count the # of cups it takes to get back to full.
Now do the math. Example. 8 cups to refill bucket..... 8 divided by 120 is .06 Your sub takes up .06 cu ft of Airspace.

Or do like the rest of us do, and take a wild guess!
Commonplace in a subwoofer enclosure is + or - 10% with no effect on performance.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote