View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #142 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I have wondered this entire time if what the alignment is doing is actually the most optimized for road racing or not. I am no road race setup expert, but I think its a conversation worth having.

Could the outside tire be cambering more than the chassis is leaning, and taking rubber off the pavement for no good reason? Perhaps "yes" with a very stiff and flat setup, and "no" with a more stock setup? Or would the answer be "no way not even close"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I agree that the setup is much more optimized for road racing than drag racing. But I believe you misread my question you quoted. Simplified: does the 370z camber too much during compression *even* for road racing? Or maybe with some setups "yes" and some setups "no". There has to be a point where its too much, I am wondering if the 370z could have crossed that line in some applications, or is it not even close to being too much? Could adjusting the control arm nodes to reduce compression camber slightly even aid a road race 370z that wants a lot of compression camber?
the heavy camber curve under compression is an advatange for road race setups IF (heavy emphasis on the "IF") you can get the rear negative camber reduced enough. YES there is a point where its to much camber, but if you can set it up right at static (which can be verified by tire temps), then you can have a setup that has good longitude traction from the minimal static negative camber, but then camber's in enough during cornering. so yes it can work fantastic if your static settings are correct.
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote