View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #140 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I think in general the answer is that yes, the 370's suspension is more optimized for road-racing than it is for for drag-racing. Not that it doesn't need tweaking and parts upgrades for road-racing too, but even without those it's generally in the ballpark of doing the right thing. I *want* camber as the rear loads up on weight transfer, because that set of conditions (low-gear + heavy throttle -> weight transfer to rear) only tends to happen during mid-corner through to the exit, where the car is already trying to fly sideways at a full G or more before I even started laying into that throttle pedal.

It seems it would be difficult in general to simultaneously optimize a rear suspension's response for both road-racing and drag-racing.
I agree that the setup is much more optimized for road racing than drag racing. But I believe you misread my question you quoted. Simplified: does the 370z camber too much during compression *even* for road racing? Or maybe with some setups "yes" and some setups "no". There has to be a point where its too much, I am wondering if the 370z could have crossed that line in some applications, or is it not even close to being too much? Could adjusting the control arm nodes to reduce compression camber slightly even aid a road race 370z that wants a lot of compression camber?

Last edited by phunk; 09-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote