View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I like using overkill studs and torquing to a spec using the same procedure (lube etc), because its something I can relate and compare to. When you take it to the deeper depths and start getting into TTY you are, IMHO, adding complication and debate. Do we even have any solid information on the difference in factory Nissan bolts, or is it all just hear-say? I dont ever want to change the headgaskets on a VQ after original assembly, so I prefer to avoid the "could i get away with using ___?" gamble! The studs on my DE build are going strong on almost 10 years... So much so that we replaced the main and rod bearings this year without even removing the heads because its not worth messing with.

Last edited by phunk; 09-03-2014 at 08:29 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote