View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mergnthwirker
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW MT6 S
Mergnthwirker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i dont miss the 350z at all actually. i had many opportunities to buy one but the car just never really appealed to me. the shape, the wheels, interior, etc. just not there.

the 370Z on the otherhand, caught my attention.
When the 350z was introduced, all I could see were the ripped-off Audi TT styling riffs. I applauded the fact that Nissan brought back a Z, but I was disappointed in the execution.

By contrast, I don't see ANY derivative styling on the 370z, even though it shares a lot of the 350z elements. In fact, when I went to a meet last month, I was amazed at how similar the two cars are. But that certainly was not my primary impression.

Only features I wish our cars still had:
* digital speedo (had this in the RX-8 and grew to love it)
* sunglasses holder (they fit sideways in the center dash compartment, if you don't have nav)
* individual tire pressure readouts
* better rear 3/4 view!

But I'm happy to trade all of this for a car that IMHO handles better, is faster, and has its own clear styling identity. I've had zero problems in 6 months of ownership.

I certainly do not regret the Cayman I was originally going to buy. The Cayman was a bit too refined -- you have to be going scary-fast to get the same level of excitement that the Z gives in everyday driving. I love my Z!!
Mergnthwirker is offline   Reply With Quote