Thread: Ford WTF
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Ford's current marketing as per most is about speaking to the uneducated on your product.
~The tree in the car: that is for the hybrids, the hybrids already are just a "Feel good" car people buy. This just increases that psychologically by giving them a fake digital screen in which they can see they are doing even more "good."
~Change the color to pink, have not seen that part of the commercial yet.
~No gas cap, that is actually a huge thing, the amount of gas caps lost every year is huge. Plus for the "lazy American" it is a convenience item, wait I do not have to touch my dirty gas cap, plus one for ford.

Ford so far has shown they know how to sell a car.
Besides the new Camaro this year, there has only been one other car I see a new one every day. That is the brand new Ford Taurus, I have seen from the SHO down to the bottom of the barrel base model rolling around, that car is selling like hot cakes. The redesign Mustang is pulling in all the new V6 owners, but anyone who knows anything about Mustangs knows what is coming next year. 5.0, 6 speed manual, BBK, etc.

On the note of GM, yes they turned a profit, but they still have yet to pay back any of the money they owe the government. The profit they reported also is not all it seems currently, it is an improvement and I do hope it continues, but GM has a very long ways to go before the American public will truly trust them again. Also, look at those GM ads where they compare their cars to Honda, read that fine print in the bottom of the ad (might have to pause the TV).
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote