View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
MidnightBlueZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z Turbo
MidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightBlueZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples View Post
Your motor went? They won't know for sure until the motor is completely disassembled. How many miles were on the motor and how many boosted miles did you have on her?
Well the motor hasn't gone but I think it is in some early stages. I was told it sounds like a wrist pin but yes until it's disassembled there's no way to be sure. I started hearing a ticking noise that sounded like loud valve chatter to me (untrained ear). This first happened right after I got home from Tampa. The car continued to run fine minus the noise which we thought might be the VVEL. So after months of enduring the nuisances it's had since getting it back I sent it back down to VSR. The motor had 15k maybe 15.5k when it got boosted and now has a little over 20k.
MidnightBlueZ is offline   Reply With Quote