View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #1472 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=soxfan69;2949897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszyd View Post
I finally got the to bake my headlights. Now I have black housings, clear lenses on the projectors and turn signals, and dual halos wired in as DRLs. I would have taken a picture, but there was no setting on my phone that was not overexposed.[/QUOTE
Doin mine next week. How was it? Stressful? How long did u bake them?

12 minutes at 250 and they came apart easily. Painting with Krylon Fusion couldn't have been easier. I did a full blackout, so I didn't have to worry about masking or color matching. I bought all of my stuff from The Retrofit Source. Their XB Halos are great. The 90mm halos slid right into the projector shroud.

My biggest issues came from shaving the turn signal shroud to accept both the projector lens and 70mm halo and then resealing the lights. It also took much longer than I thought it would. A single halo might not be that time consuming, but dual halos make the job much worse.

In the end, I am happy with the result, but it is not something that I would choose to tackle very often.