View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
1. This one dealership is willing to give me a 09 Z black base model with sports package for $32K. Is this a good deal? You think they would lower to $30K?
Mine was 31,500 same options but i had kick plates and matts, i have seen even cheaper than this.
Quote:
2. How's the gas mileage? I read a few research and they say it gets pretty bad mileage like 18MPG combined. Is this true? How many gallons do you fill up each time?
Its more like 21 combined if you do 50 highway/50 city. According to the sticker on the car it agrees with me also.
Quote:
3. It will not be my weekend car. I will drive and commute with it, about 20 miles one way each day. Is it a good idea to get a Z with that bad mileage for commuting?
If your driving 20 miles each way, you will obviously average higher, i would suspect you would average like 24-25 miles to the gallon. (just my guess)
Quote:
4. How much do you pay for insurance?
What i pay wont be what you pay, your driving 40 miles each day, odds are your insurance is going to be high no matter what you drive.
Quote:
5. How reliable is the Z? You think it would last 100,000 without any major problems? I can live with paying for regular maintenance and stuff, but I don't expect major problem before it hits 100K miles.
I dont think you will get any major problems, its a nissan made in japan. I think its quality is pretty high. You will get minor problems. For example my shifter is rattling and its annoying but i think its a pretty easy fix.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote