View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Land Cruiser
Base Member

Drives: Land Cruiser
Land Cruiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Question to you. Occassionally I have noticed when I go into reverse ( twice so far ) the car seems to shake a little for a second or two almost like a manual wanting to stall but it doesnt it. Did you have this ?
No. I never got this. Both times there weren't any symptoms that I can tell, until it just died on the road.

I have something similar to what your talking about though. About 1 out of 20 times when coming to a complete stop at a traffic light, it would do it. RPM would drop like it would stall out, car shakes a little, but it would correct itself. I've read about it a bit and cleaning the throttle body is supposed to fix it. There is a Tech Bulletin out on this. I've cleaned the driver's side one, (just too lazy to do the other side for now) and it didn't seem all that dirty to me. I might clean the other side today.

What I do have when going into reverse (or into drive from reverse, or just letting off the gas) is a "clink" sound. Can't hear it with windows up, but for sure can hear it with it down and having something near by to bounce the sound back to you. There is a Tech Bulletin for this also. Supposedly the axle nut has worked its way loose and needs to be re-torqued. A cotter pin is keeping it from coming all the way loose.
Land Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote