View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #3675 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGoldy View Post
RA XCR-L looks like the SCAR 17 (heavy) that I have my eyes set on.
The RA XCR-M is the 308 (7.62x51) version, comparable to the SCAR 17S.
The RA XCR-L is comparable to the SCAR 16S.

I rather take a SCAR 17S over a RA XCR-M because there are more available parts, it is lighter weight, and the big one, it is a battle proven rifle. When I eventually get mine I'll be doing the Handl Defense SCAR25 lower conversion. This will allow me to use SR-25/M110 pattern magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBfastback View Post
I also did too until I researched it more, then I changed my mind.
similar stocks tho
very similar and the xcr is also quick change barrel along with any of these calibers to choose from (5.45, 5.56,6.5,6.8, 300 blk, 7.62x39).
You might want to check your info on those. RA doesn't make 6.5 Grendel barrels any more and I'm unsure if they ever did. RA did say they were working on one a while back.

RA never released a 300 BLK barrel and I don't think they ever will. RA did say they were working on a .300-221 (300 BLK) barrel a while back but nothing came of it. From what I've read 300 BLK is hard to adapt to piston guns with out completely redesigning the gas system. Many companies have tried and when they couldn't get their standard gas system to work they stopped trying.