View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute
Default I miss you guys! (and the Z)

Ugh, I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to stop back in and say hello, a large amount of my time was spent on these forums the past 3 years and quite frankly I miss it! As some of you know, I had a 2010 PW base sport that I did about every NA and suspension mod to, then the past spring I put a Boosted performance turbo kit on. It was amazing, and a load of fun. A few things happened, both to the car and in my life, and now im just going nuts without a sports car! I found new employment and had to relocate, so I lost access to the shop I worked at, I did all my own work, and losing that was a big part of my decision, along with wanting to focus on my new career. As I am settling in finally, I have been thinking about picking up another sports car before I kill myself trying to corner carve in my company car on these great southeast Ohio roads. My first though was a lightly used s2000, but I know I would not be happy with the power output, and it will have to get boosted, period. Then I though maybe a lightly used HR 350z, (I had an 03 before the 370z), but after having the 370z interior, ehhh no. Third though was a mustang GT, but as much as people say they handle well, there are just too many of them for my taste....and I hate the 2015 mustang/fusion coupe, looks awful. Last though was save money for a year, and I can put a sizable down payment on a stingray, but I still cannot justify dropping 65k on a car, and still end up dropping another 10k into it to get it into the 11s...(I did that with about 35k total on the z)....I keep hoping to get new details on the next Z, but if it happens Im thinking 2017....I cannot wait that long. The thing is If I get any other car, I will end up modding it, but will have to shell out for labor at times, as my old shop is now 4 hrs away, and not 3 minutes from my house, which made it easy to work on the car after work everyday...sigh. I really do miss the Z regardless of all its shortcomings...and worse yet, the guy who I sold my turbo kit just got his running, and I helped him out via phone quite a bit in helping him do the install...talk about driving me nuts...I have a slight advantage in the new car dept, I work with dealers(not Nissan) but some of my stores are dueled with Nissan, and lets just say I am now in the position where the dealers will want to keep me happy, so I could probably get a killer deal on a new unit of choice...I regret buying my 2010 used after I found it has a motor put into it, which I believe influenced some issues I ended up having with it(blew a vtc hub on bank 2 intake cam). Wow, sorry guys, had to get that out there, and yes Im bats$!t crazy! I just can kick the car guy out of me...Im trying wait it out...but its not working! Anyway, happy labor day, and go hit redline a few times and bang some gears for me!