View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
lkh5650
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z spt 6mt
lkh5650 is on a distinguished road
Default plastic under cover for engine

Hey guys... I am going to sound very stupid but please bear with me

TL DR version is, how much is the plastic under cover for engine? what is product #? where can I buy it etcs.

I was trying to do oil change myself for the first time. So I got the front of the car up using jack lifts i removed 16 10mm bolts and 3 plastic bolts and now I am trying to remove the 14mm drain plug. but the DAMN thing is tightened so much I couldn't do it. so I give up, put the undercover back on, put 3 plastic bolts in thinking I am going to go to the shop so they can do the oil change for me. So I drive there, its not too far drive (6 miles or so).
I was on the most left lane of the high way (2 lane highway with median in the middle..so total 4 lanes both directions combined) and I hear some sound and I look back and my cover fell off and nicely sat on the space between the most left lane( the lane I was in) and the median...

I am thinking it might be too dangerous to stop my car in the highway and pick that up, and start driving back... I am not sure if that is the risk worth taking. So I am trying to see if I can buy it? I have 16 10mm bolts still. I am missing plastic bolts, and the plastic under cover for engine. Where can I buy it and for how much? Also, is it bad to drive away for a bit (like couple days...or upto a week) since even if I buy it right away, it will have to be on tuesday?

Thanks guys... I feel so stupid T_T
lkh5650 is offline   Reply With Quote