View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #2799 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

I can hit about 20mpg if i really lay off of it with nothing but highway.

However, On my daily commute, I do about 80 miles round trip(San Jose to Oakland), with a healthy dose of traffic and me flooring it whenever I get the chance.

I always get gas at work, since it has great numbers(e81+ consistantly? hell yes!), I go 2 full days and fill up every third, almost 12gallons on the dot, sometimes 11, othertimes 13.

80+80+40=200 miles/12.5gallons will come out to 16mpg.

This is about 70% freeway, with about 10 miles of traffic a day. It really is not bad. I dare not try to go past half tank, for fear of starvation(shitty fuel tank) can be forced by the acceleration of the car itself at around 1/4 tank. This is obviously exaggerated by the increased fuel flow of e85 tasking the pump.

Full freeway, 20mpg is not that hard to hit honestly. But like anyone will tell you, your mileage will vary based on where you drive, how you drive and even when you drive. But it at least gives a bit of an idea.

I wouldn't drive past 15 gallons*20mpg all freeway, you are looking at 300 miles before you seriously need to consider fueling IMHO. Otherwise, I would say 200miles is a very safe limit and a good measuring stick to use when planning your trip. I would say a 5gal can adds an extra 60(who fills them up 100%?!?!?).

Hope this helps guys! Happy Labor day!

Last edited by faceglide; 08-29-2014 at 06:51 PM.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote