View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gregor12
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z 6mt sport
Gregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Y PIPE BACK SINGLE MUFFLER FOR $700? My Berk full cat-back only cost me $900 and is basically double what you are buying here. If it were single 4" maybe i could see that but 3" pipe flows less than dual 2.5 there website says they picked up 8 whole horsepower with an exhaust AND tune.
my car made the 298 (4th) with just the exhaust and no tune. stock y pipe, stock cats and stock intakes.. from what i see the berk cat back and Berk high flow cats didn't even make that!! my car made much less power with the stock exhaust. its not a comparison to stock but he is showing the with just the y pipe back section the car made 306 at the wheels.

as for flow the y-pipe is the choke point on these vehicles no matter what size it is the y pipe will still restrict it. so unless you have a true dual 2.5 inch then you're not actually flowing more than a single three. The numbers dont lie man! i was very very surprised what my car made with just a y-back on it. also he didn't tune for power. i asked soho to smooth out my fuel table because it was leaning out at the top so he did. still has room for more! they have a 8XX rwhp g with a single exit exhaust i dont think we should be worried lol

as for the exhaust price i thought it was really good for the overall gains and sound

Last edited by Gregor12; 08-29-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Gregor12 is offline   Reply With Quote