View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #470 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Me too man. You have no idea..

Trip report so far:
-Throttle is more responsive. Zero hesitation.

-Weird "slipping" feeling in the high end of the power band is gone. What I thought was the clutch was actually the BOV flopping open which explains the sudden weird power loss.

-Exhaust note sounds a bit deeper and not very Z like although that could just be my imagination since I haven't been around it in a while.

-Seems a bit more aggressive through the mid-range of the power band (high 3rd/low 4th).

-The car chews through gas at a hilarious pace. I think I've gone 80 miles (maybe) since I filled up and the tank is almost half empty.

-As previously mentioned, valve flutter is gone! Sounds a lot more like a factory FI car than a conversion. Lots of hiss, less background noise. Highly recommend this BOV to anyone with the same kit. The turbosmart valve was noisy, unreliable and required maintenance. This Synapse Engineering BOV requires no maintenance, is quiet as hell and isn't super expensive either.