View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
With your current tire setup, I wouldnt even be trying to launch at all! I would roll out and ease in the throttle. Those tires arent gonna hold nuttin!! Ease in that throttle and dont try and pull much harder than stock through first gear, and into second push it a little harder, then by 3rd you should be able to go full throttle if the track is a little sticky.

Your trap speed shows some promise. You will get well into the 12's with your current setup and practice. I think you will need tires and alignment to get middle 11's.
Thanks phunk.

Talk to me about what you consider a roll out. Like aggressive red light launch or not even that?

What about when to shift out of 1st? 6500-7000 comes so freaking fast. Should I shift a lot sooner like at 4500 or 5000? The turbos really come on hard in second but I feel like they aren't helping much, or are hurting even in 1st so I feel like I want to GTFO of 1st quick. But psychologically it is hard which is why I didn't try it last night.

What about RPMs after 2nd? Like I said, things come up so fast and while I think my shifting is crisp I don't have a short shifter. So I was shifting at 7000. This leaves me one tick from redline in 4th crossing the line. I know that I have to be well in to 5th if I go any faster...question is how to get in to at the right time. *Edit: I just watched the videos...I was shifting after 7000 but before readline.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane

Last edited by Arrvaxx; 08-28-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote